PH15: The trusted Passivhaus construction method
- STEICOI-joist pre-cut frame with STEICO LVL beams and lintels, STEICOfloc blown-in insulation to both walls and roof and STEICOspecial or STEICOprotect wood fibre boards.
- Walls/Roofs are 85% insulation AND ONLY 15% structure.
- STEICO timber products are vapour permeable, ensuring a safe & robust solution for timber frame houses.
- The 7kW photovoltaic array generates ALL the energy needs. Without the PV array the house would use 90% less energy than a traditional UK constructed house.
Passivhaus PLUS statistics
- TFA 345m2, Form Factor 2.3
- Average fabric U value of the design 0.12W/m2K.
- Predicted heating demand 9.5kWh/m2 per annum.
- Glatthaar Passivhaus certified basement construction.
- Air tight test 0.07 ach@50Pa.
- 7 kW PV array on roof.