Does timber offer a construction method that provides tangible benefits to make it a system of choice for the construction sector?
Sustainability Report 2021
The STEICO Sustainability Report 2021 has been published at September 9th 2022.
Steico UK Ltd – Environmental Statement.
Steico UK Ltd recognises the need for sustainable development and continually aims to improve the environmental effect of its activities. To achieve this we will:
1) Establish sound environmental management by:
- Meeting or improving upon relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice.
- Making a clear commitment to implement Chain of Custody systems – FSC® & PEFC that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular review.
- Considering environmental issues in the decision making process.
- Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise our environmental responsibilities.
- Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Promoting an appreciation of the organisations’ environmental performance among customers, employees and the general public.
2) Provide for effective use of resources by:
- Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses of by-products whenever economically viable
- Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the organisations’ operations.
3) Provide information for the organisations’ products to be properly used, stored and disposed of, so as to avoid unacceptable effects on the environment.
Furthermore, our parent company STEICO SE, has, since its foundation endorsed an ecological policy of forest preservation and sustainable use of timber. This dedication has led to the certification of STEICO’s entire production range of softboard products by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®).
You can find further information in our sustainability report.
The PEFC certification (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes) certifies that STEICO only uses wood from responsible forestry. You can find more information about STEICO certification at
The IBR is one of the most respected testing institutes in Germany. The IBR test seal certifies that STEICO products are harmless in terms of building biology – they contribute to healthy homes and a feeling of well-being in the home.
The Institute for Building and the Environment (IBU) prepares environmental declarations (EPDs) of eco-label type III in accordance with ISO and CEN standards. With the preparation of the EPDs, STEICO provides comprehensive information on the environmental impact of the ecological products over their entire life cycle.
The Keymark certification stands for the high quality of the STEICO range. The uniform European certification mark for standardised products documents the compliance of products with European norms and quality standards.
The STEICO construction system is certified as a component according to the standards of the Passivhaus Institute Dr. Wolfgang Feist. This means that the planner can draw on a large number of defined construction details. This means that passive houses can be built particularly easily and economically with the STEICO construction system.
EPDs – Environmental Product Declaration
STEICO solutions for healthy living
This article from the Beyond Zero Carbon team looks into the health and wellbeing benefits that timber, and natural products generally, can offer when…
A positive CO2 balance can only be achieved by harvesting trees, using their wood for material purposes and replanting young trees, which then…
With STEICO I-joists services can be incorporated within the floor zone. The new guide provides follow-on trades with valuable advice on the correct…